| Helping you reduce your waste and start a journey into a zero waste lifestyle. This life can be achieved through a few small changes.
Living a zero waste lifestyle, which means aiming to reduce landfill-bound trash to the bare minimum, is no mean feat. Considering the fact that a ‘humble’ plastic bag could take up to 1,000 years to decompose in a landfill, living day-to-day without single use plastic and other toxic, non-recyclable materials takes a hell of a lot of planning and research.
Luckily, there’s a wonderful web of blogs and vlogs there to help guide us through the journey to a more ethical, economic and eco-friendly life!
Here’s one of our favourite resources, a video introducing 10 easy ways to reduce waste, including:
- Saying no to flyers, junk mail, merch and freebies
- Take reusable cloth bags shopping instead of plastic carriers
- Use glass jars to shop for and store grains, nuts and more
- Swap disposable plastic straws for acrylic, paper or metal
- Preserve leftovers with beeswax wrap instead of cling film
- Invest in a reusable, refillable water bottle
- Bring silverware from home to avoid using disposable cutlery
- Buy a biodegradable bamboo toothbrush
- Switch from tampons and pads to a menstrual cup
- Read books and magazines via a tablet or Kindle.
Let us know what you think!
Video by Lavendaire