Art house film queen Chloë Sevigny never fails to kill it, style-wise, both on and off-screen, even after her 90s style heyday. Here, we break down some classic Chloë looks and show you how to recreate them on a non-movie star budget...
The dreamy dress look
It was pretty much love at first sight when we saw Chloe's outfit in this Instagram upload. She's in the process of shooting Jimmy Choo campaign in this shot (as you do) so, sadly, the dreamy shoes and dress that she's wearing are probably out of our price range. That's not to say you can't recreate the look in a snap, though, with similar styles.
Dupes for the dress
- We adore this stunning layered midi dress from Lace & Beads.
- If you're looking for something a little shorter, this off-shoulder smock dress from ASOS should do the trick.
- We also love this long-sleeved off-shoulder dress from Boohoo (not pictured above), which is pretty similar to Chloe's, but it's an all-over bodycon fit and it's only available in black. Still cute, though!
Dupes for the shoes
- These lovely Daisy Street flats with studded ankle straps aren't a dead-ringer for Chloë's 60s-style Jimmy Choos, but they're pretty darn close and, for all of £11.50 in the ASOS sale, an absolute bargain.
- RAID's nude Agatha slingbacks have all the pointy-toed appeal for a smidgen of the cost of a pair of Jimmy Choos...
The Americana classic
Denim, be it jeans or classic shorts, paired with a white tee or blouse is a hallmark Chloë Sevigny getup. The above look is the sort of downtime ensemble that anyone can pull off. Now, if you're down with streetwear, you'll know that the easiest way to imitate this outfit is to cop a fake Supreme t-shirt on eBay for a tenner, because you have approximately a 1% chance of getting your hands on the real deal. Faking it is naff, though, so try mimicking this look with a different slogan tee. Allow us to offer you some pointers.
Dupes for the tee
- Chloë's worn pieces from APC before, so picking out an APC logo t-shirt just makes sense.
- Denim is, like, so American. Try going full-on Americana with this Polo Ralph Lauren flag tee.
- If you've picked out your favourite Levis denim cut-offs, show the label even more loving with a matching branded t-shirt.
Dupes for the shorts
- Levis 501 shorts are a little pricey, but arguably worth the investment as they never really go out of style. Copy Chloë by picking out a 90s-style light wash.
- On more of a budget? No problem – try these cute high-waisted shorts from Boohoo instead.
The 90s throwback look
It's difficult to pick out our favourite Chloë look from The Last Days of Disco, but we're going to have to go with this one, featuring a sequinned boob tube and black high-waisted trousers, as it's the most wearable IRL. We know the 90s are in vogue right now, but there's only so far you can realistically eke it out...
Dupes for the top
- Given fashion's ongoing love affair with the 90s, we were kinda surprised by the lack of high street brands selling sequinned bandeaus. There are lots of legit vintage styles available on eBay, of course, but for a new option you could try this number from The Turkish Emporium.
- If crop tops are your thing, consider this tiny strapless style from Motel – it'd be great for a festival.
Dupes for the trousers
- Our top pick? These high-waisted cigarette pants from good old Topshop.
- These adorable knitted culotte trousers from NA-KD are a beaut bargain buy, and perfect for weird in-between weather which you're not sure how to dress appropriately for.
- Fancy something a bit different? Well, if you're dressing for a disco it'd be rude not to. Try these snazzy pleated trousers from Urban Outfitters for a bit of a spin on classic high-waisted black troos.
The 'all-statement-everything' look
OK, so there's a lot going on here, but we wanted to finish this celeb style exploration off with a bang. When she's not keeping it caj in her beloved denim, Chloë seems to favour going offbeat, serving us looks like this. Well, why wear just one statement piece when you can make everything in your outfit a statement?
Dupes for the skirt
- Emulate Chloë's full-skirted, belted style with this sassy piece from Malibu'.
- Alternatively, Boohoo's faux leather skater skirt is an absolute steal for £15.
Dupes for the jumper
- Rich people always have nicest knits (sob), but you can do colourblock knitwear on the cheap if you look in the right places. We love this punchy pieces from ASOS – it's not as dramatic as Chloë's, but you can't complain about it for under £20.
- This YAS jumper is a little more expensive than the ASOS number we just mentioned, but it's hard to resist the playful ruffle detailing and subtle colour pop.
Dupes for the accessories
- These earrings from Monki will give you a lot of bang for minimal buck.
- Over the last couple of seasons, Mango has been churning out some of the best statement earrings on the high street. It's hard to pick a standout pair from their range – because, er, they're all standouts – but we love this decadent golden drop style.