We may be a little late to the Business of Fashion VOICES party, but after binge-watching Youtube clips and listening to an entire day's worth of podcasts, we wanted to share our top picks from the 2017 convention, which includes live interviews with incredible entrepeneurs and experts about the future of the fashion industry worldwide.
"VOICES is a completely different kind of fashion industry gathering. The Business of Fashion presents VOICES as an annual invitation-only event bringing together the movers, shakers and trailblazers of the fashion industry and uniting them with the big thinkers, entrepreneurs and inspiring people who are shaping the wider world."
- The Future of Retail with Doug Stephens | In a world where traditional retail is dying, stores must embrace communal experiences, explained retail futurist Doug Stephens on stage at #BoFVOICES.
- The Power of Circularity with Dame Ellen MacArthur | Dame Ellen MacArthur challenges the fashion industry, where less than 1 percent of garments are recycled, to work together to implement a circular economy.
- Tapping the Potential of Conversational Commerce with Emily Weiss and Alexandra Shulman | The consumer is already powerful, and the beauty industry's mission is realising and unlocking that power, according to Glossier's Emily Weiss.
- Dries Van Noten | Being a Citizen of the World
- Sinéad Burke | It’s Time for Adaptive Fashion
- Dapper Dan | Power, Respect and Cultural Appropriation
We can't wait to see what's in store for VOICES 2018! In the meantime, make sure to subscribe to the BoF Inside Fashion podcast, which releases regular episodes interviewing the most admired names in the industry, including Nick Knight, Tim Blanks, Marco Bizzarri and Anna Dello Russo.