| Diet plans, diet chef and diet coke. So you’re thinking about how to loose weight? Don’t bother with that post-Christmas diet.
Riots, not diets.
Read more: The Rise of The Flexitarian Diet
- It’s a cliche – Don’t be yet a nother stereotype feeling unecessarily guilty after Christmas
- You won’t stick to it – It’s human nature to want to eat and eat well, it goes against our inbuilt instincts to restict our food intake
- Diets are ineffective – If they worked, why does the NHS spend millions more each year on obesity research?
- All the Christmas leftovers – All that chocolate shouldn’t go to waste
- The results don’t last – The overwhelming majority of people regain the weight that they have lost over the long-term
- Fuck the patriachy – Self love is a feminist act
- Weight loss does not equal happiness – In fact it can make you miserable
- Weight loss does not equal good health – Eat better, not less
- Strong is better than skinny – Focus on fitness and strength instead
- You can save money – Superfoods and diet programes are a rip off
- January is cold and miserable – The perfect month to snuggle up with a hot chocolate, not a kale smoothie
- You probably don’t need to – Check your BMI, you are most likely in the healthy weight range for your body, so you don’t need to lose weight
- You can save time, and life is short – WHy count calories when you can count memories
- Diet Culture is a marketing strategy – Giving in to the exploitative marketing methods of big corporations will only make you feel worse about your body
- Dieting is boring – Laughing while eating salads only happens in stock photos
- Cake exists – Red Velvet, Chocolate Fudge, Victoria Sponge, Enough said
- Food is joyous – Cooking and eating is there to be enjoyed, not avoided or dreaded.
- Dieting is anti-social – No one wants to be friends with the rice cake muncher; go out for delicious meals with family and friends instead
- It perpetuates ‘all or nothing’ thinking – Life is better with balance
- Self-love and body positivity are the way forward – You can thank us later